special announcement
Study Abroad with Uscholars and avail One way Flight Ticket and Free TOEFL / IELTS Training. T&Cs apply*
<span style="color:#ffffff">Study In The&nbsp;USA</span>
Study In The USA

About The USA

Studying in the USA is an opportunity unlike any other. With a diverse range of world-renowned universities, cutting-edge research facilities, and a vibrant culture that celebrates creativity and innovation, the USA offers students an unparalleled education experience. Whether you're interested in pursuing a degree in business, engineering, arts, or sciences, the USA has top-ranked programs in every field students can even get the US student VISA through the USA student VISA consultants. Additionally, studying in the USA provides a chance to network with professionals and experts from around the world, gain hands-on experience through internships, and access a vast array of resources and opportunities that can help jumpstart your career. So, if you're looking for a challenging, rewarding, and life-changing academic journey, the USA is the perfect destination for you!

Advantages to Studying in The USA

Studying in the USA provides students with access to a wide range of prestigious universities and colleges, innovative educational programs, and opportunities for research and internships.
High-Quality Education

High-Quality Education

The USA is home to many of the world's top-ranked universities, known for their quality education, cutting-edge research, and expert faculty.
Diverse Academic Programs

Diverse Academic Programs

Whether you are interested in pursuing a degree in business, engineering, arts, or sciences, the USA has top-ranked programs in every field, offering a broad range of courses and degree options.
Career Opportunities

Career Opportunities

Studying in the USA provides access to a vast array of resources and opportunities, including internships, co-op programs, and networking with professionals and experts from around the world.
Cultural Experience

Cultural Experience

The USA is a melting pot of cultures, offering students a chance to experience a diverse and vibrant culture, cuisine, and lifestyle that can broaden their perspectives and enhance their personal growth.


The US education system is known for its flexibility, allowing students to customize their academic plans and choose from a wide range of electives, minors, and specializations.
Research and Innovation

Research and Innovation

The USA is at the forefront of research and innovation, with state-of-the-art facilities, cutting-edge technology, and renowned research institutions that offer students the chance to engage in groundbreaking research and contribute to the advancement of knowledge in their field.

Top Universities To Study In The USA

The USA is home to some of the world's most renowned universities, including Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and many others. These universities offer high-quality education, diverse academic programs, and cutting-edge research opportunities, attracting students from around the globe.

Harvard University

Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Harvard is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the world. It is a private Ivy League research university, known for its strong undergraduate and graduate programs in fields such as law, business, medicine, and the arts.

University of Chicago

Located in Chicago, Illinois, the University of Chicago is a private research university known for its rigorous academics and intellectual curiosity. It has a strong focus on undergraduate education and offers top-ranked graduate programs in fields such as economics, law, and political science.

Stanford University

Located in California's Silicon Valley, Stanford is a private research university with a strong focus on innovation and entrepreneurship. It is known for its top-ranked programs in engineering, computer science, business, and law.

Top Courses To Study in The USA

Universities in the USA offer a wide range of academic programs and courses in various fields, including business, engineering, technology, social sciences, humanities and many others.

Computer Science








Political Science

Creative Industries

Scholarships To Study in The USA

The USA has the largest population of international students, and that does make sense because growing up it was a dream of every student to study in the USA. Some are able to turn their dream into reality but some are restrained due to financial insufficiency and that’s where scholarships and financial aid come in. Our study abroad counselors at Uscholars have put together a list of top 5 scholarships for your better understanding.

Fulbright Foreign Student Program

The Fulbright Foreign Student program is a scholarship initiative sponsored by the U.S Department of State. It is designed to foster mutual understanding between the United States and other countries by providing grants to outstanding foreign students. Established in 1946, the Fulbright Program has since supported thousands of students around the world.

  • Institutions: Various Institutes around the world
  • Study Level: Masters and PhD
  • Study in: Anywhere in East Asia-Pacific, Europe Eurasia, Middle East and North Africa, South and Central, Sub Saharan Africa and Western Hemisphere.
  • Amount: Variable Amount

Clark Global Scholarship Program

The Clark Global Scholarship Program is a notable initiative that offers promising students from diverse backgrounds the opportunity to pursue their undergraduate studies at Clark University in Massachusetts, USA. The scholarship recipients, known as Clark Global Scholars, not only receive assistance with tuition fees but also gain access to a range of academic and cultural experiences that enrich their educational journey.

  • Institutions: Clarks University 
  • Study Level: 1st Year Undergraduate
  • Study in: Massachusetts, USA
  • Amount: $15,000-25,000

Yale University Scholarship

The Yale University Scholarship is primarily need-based and designed to ensure that admitted students, regardless of their financial circumstances, can attend Yale without the burden of excessive financial strain. By evaluating applicants' financial needs through forms like the FAFSA and CSS profile. The Yale scholarship office tailors assistance packages to cover tuition, fees, room and board. 

  • Institution: Yale University
  • Study Level: UG, PG and PhD
  • Study in: Connecticut, USA
  • Scholarship Amount:  $70,000

Rotary Peace Fellowship

The Rotary Peace Fellowship stands as a prestigious and impactful initiative offered by Rotary Foundation. This fellowship provides recipients with the opportunity to pursue either a master’s degree or a professional development certificate. This fellowship covers tuition, fees and living expenses. The applicants also known as the Rotary Peace Fellows not only received comprehensive academic training but also engaged in practical fieldwork. This fellowship experience encourages networking and collaboration  enabling them to build lasting connections.

  • Institutions: Various Institutions in the world
  • Study Level: Masters Degree and Certificate Programmes
  • Study in: USA, UK, Japan, Australia, Sweden
  • Scholarship Amount: Variable

Knight Hennessy Scholarship

The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program is a prestigious graduate level scholarship program at Stanford University. It was established to attract the brightest minds from around the world to pursue advanced degrees at Stanford while fostering a multidisciplinary community of leaders and change makers.

  • Institution: Stanford University
  • Study Level: Masters and PhD
  • Study in: USA
  • Scholarship amount: Variable Amount

Cost of Living

The cost of living for international students in the USA can vary depending on the location, lifestyle and personal preferences. Major cities and metropolitan areas tend to have higher living expenses compared to smaller towns and rural areas.


$ 9000 - $ 12000

The cost of accommodation varies widely based on the location and whether you choose to live on-campus or off-campus. On campus housing can range from $9,000 to $12,000 per academic year, whereas off campus housing costs can go up to $3,500  every month, prices can differ greatly depending on the city and the type of accommodation you choose.


$ 400 - $ 450

Your utility bill depends on your lifestyle, the size of your flat and your daily expenses including, water, heating and cooling, electricity etc, can come around $400-450.


$ 400 - $ 600

The cost of food can vary depending on your personal taste and appetite, but as a rough estimate you might need around $250 and if you are living off campus your monthly grocery bill can come out around $400-$600.


$ 50 - $ 300

The cost of transportation varies based on whether you use public transportation, have a car, or use sharing services. Public transportation passes can range from $50 to $150 per month, while owning a car will involve expenses like insurance, fuel, maintenance and parking which can cost up to $300.

Internet and Mobile Phones

$ 15 - $ 70

The cost of internet and mobile phones in the USA can again vary depending on the service provider, location and individual needs. Internet costs typically range from $50-$70 dollars per month and basic mobile phone plans with 5GB data can cost $15-$40 per month depending on the data, talk time and text messaging.

Other Expenses

$ 100 - $ 900

Additional or miscellaneous expenses can consist of various things like textbooks, course materials, healthcare, entertainment, personal care etc. These costs can vary depending on preferences and conditions.

Work Opportunities

Working in the United States as an international student with an F1 and M1 visa presents beneficial chances to advance your practical experience, supplement finances and enrich your academic journey. These visas include detailed recommendations outlining several employment choices to consider. Remember that these visas do not allow employment during the first academic year.

Work Opportunities

On Campus Employment

During the academic year, F1 visa holders are often permitted to work up to 20 hours per week on campus and full time during breaks and holidays. Examples of On-campus are jobs at those that on the campus vicinity itself like university’s departments, libraries, student services or other organisations connected to the school.

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

CPT enables F1 visa holder students to complete coursework for all work off campus in a subject associated with their major. Before beginning CPT, students must receive permission from their Designated School Official (DSO).

Optional Practical Training (OPT)

OPT gives F1 students the chance to work for up to a year in their field of study after receiving their degree. Before or after graduating, students can apply for OPT, but they must first have US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) approval.

STEM OPT Extension

STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)graduates may be eligible for a 24 month extension of their OPT allowing them to work in the United States for up to 36 months after receiving their degree


International students who want to study in the USA have a variety of visa choices that are available for them. Each type of visa is made to accommodate various educational goals and situations. The most common visa categories for international students are listed below.

F1 Visa

Cost - $ 160

Cost: The F1 visa application fee is $160 (subject to change). Additionally, there might be a SEVIS I-901 fee of $350

Eligibility: Students seeking full time education at recognised academic institutions in the USA are eligible for F1 visa. Applicants must show that they have financial resources to pay for their tuition and living costs, that they have strong ties with their home country and that they truly intend to return when their studies are through.

Documents: Passport, Form DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application), Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status) issued by the school, financial records, receipts for the SEVIS fee and the visa application fee, as well as any other paperwork the consulate may require, are the documents that must be submitted.

Process: Apply for a visa using Form DS-160 online, pay the application fee, schedule an interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate, go to the interview, present the necessary paperwork, and then wait for your visa to be processed.

M1 Visa

Cost - $ 160

Cost: The M1 visa application fee is $160 (subject to change), similar to the F1 visa, and there may also be a SEVIS I-901 fee.

Eligibility: M1 visas are available to students enrolled in non-academic or vocational programmes, such as trade schools or technical training.

Documents: Passport, Form DS-160, Form I-20 given by the vocational institution, financial records, receipts for the SEVIS and visa application fees, and any other papers the embassy may seek are required.

Process: Similar to the F1 visa, the M1 visa application process involves an online form, payment of a fee, scheduling an interview, going to the interview, and submitting the required paperwork.

J1 Visa

Cost - $ 160

Cost: Each country and consulate has a different application charge for the J1 visa.

Eligibility: J1 visa holders who are students, scholars, or who are taking part in a cultural exchange programme are eligible to apply.

Required Documents: Passport, Form DS-160, Form DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status), proof of finances, receipt for the visa application fee, and any other papers the consulate may need.

Process: Apply online, pay the application cost, arrange and attend an interview, and submit all required paperwork. The two-year home residency requirement may need to be waived for some J1 visa categories.

Intakes Available in The USA

Universities in the USA typically have two main intakes, Fall and spring, with the Fall intake being the most popular. The fall intake usually starts in August/September, while the spring intake starts in January/February and the summer intake starts in May.
Fall Intake

Fall Intake September to December

This is the main intake for most universities in the USA. It typically starts in August or September and runs until December or January. The Fall semester offers the widest range of courses, and most students begin their studies during this semester.
Winter Intake

Winter Intake January to May

The Spring semester starts in January or February and runs until May or June. This intake is less common than the Fall semester, but it offers a great opportunity for students who miss the Fall semester deadline or who want to start their studies later in the year.
Spring Intake

Spring Intake May to August

The Summer semester typically starts in May or June and runs until August or September. This intake is less common than the Fall and Spring semesters, but it offers students the chance to take courses over the summer months and potentially graduate earlier. It is also a good option for students who want to study during the summer break or who have other commitments during the traditional academic year.

Here Is How We Help You

We, as your study abroad education consultants will help you find the best University and course that aligns with your interests and career goals. Choosing from the myriad of course options available can be a little confusing. Trust our study abroad education consultants, who have years of experience in this area, to help you find the right university, course and country for you to study abroad. Applying to study abroad can be a detailed and complex process if done alone.  

Getting all your documents sorted will take you a lot of time and energy. Each study in the abroad application must be tailored to the requirements of the university, which may make it an exhausting process for the students. We, as your abroad counsellors will guide you through the process, making it easier for you. If you’re worried about your Visa acceptance, then stop. The abroad student Visa processes are simple and quick with us as your study abroad education consultants. As your study abroad education consultants, it is our duty to ensure that your Visa application is successful.

Our team of study abroad education consultants have helped hundreds of students get their Visas on time. Once you have received your offer letter, finding a good accommodation for yourself is the next big task you must finish. When it comes to accommodation, Uscholars, as your study abroad education consultants will help you find student accommodation that is both affordable and close to your university.

This will help you save time and money, making your stay abroad stressfree. Your study abroad consultants will also help you with your scholarship applications, to help reduce your financial burdens.

Why Study in The USA

Studying in the USA offers students the access to world class education, diverse academic programs and cutting edge research opportunities.
Why Study in The USA
Flexibility and Choice

Flexibility and Choice

American universities offer students a great deal of flexibility in terms of course selection and degree programs. Students have the ability to customize their academic experience based on their individual interests and goals.


The USA is known for its culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. American universities often offer programs and resources to help students develop their own ideas and start their own businesses.
Internship Opportunities

Internship Opportunities

Many American universities have partnerships with companies and organizations that offer internship opportunities to students. This allows students to gain valuable work experience and make connections in their chosen industry.


There are three main types of student visas available for students who wish to study in the United States:
  • F-1 Student Visa: The purpose of this visa category is to allow full-time students who desire to study at a US college or university, high school, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory, or any other recognised academic institution or language training program to apply for it.
  • J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: This visa type is for exchange students who participate in approved programs for the purpose of teaching, instructing, or lecturing or for conducting research, observing, or consulting at research institutions, museums, libraries, or similar types of institutions.
  • M-1 Non-Academic Student Visa: This visa category is intended for individuals who want to undergo non-academic or vocational training, excluding language training programs, at institutions within the United States.
It is recommended to apply for a student visa to the US as early as possible, once you have received your I-20 or DS-2019 form from the university or institution you plan to attend. You can apply for a student visa up to 120 days before the start date of your program, but it is generally advised to apply well in advance to allow sufficient time for processing and any unexpected delays.
Usually, universities in the US accept 4-year degree programs according to STEM but now many universities accept applicants with 3-year bachelor's degrees as well. Before applying, it is advisable to confirm with your selected university and school in the USA. And for those who don't, WES might be the key to opening doors to these universities for you.
International students can work in the US with certain restrictions. They are allowed to work on-campus for up to 20 hours per week during term time and up to 40 hours per week during breaks. They can also work off-campus through Optional Practical Training (OPT) or Curricular Practical Training (CPT) which require work authorization. International students cannot work for employers in certain industries like politics or airlines. It's important for students to know their rights and restrictions and to consult their school officials for guidance.
The English proficiency tests accepted in the US are the Cambridge Assessment English (CAE), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Most international firms accept degrees earned at US colleges and universities because of their academic brilliance and improved learning opportunities.
There are several external scholarship programs available to international students, such as the Fulbright Scholarship, the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program, and the Rotary Peace Fellowship, among others. These programs typically have their own application requirements and deadlines and can provide significant financial support for international students.
There are various types of student accommodation available in the US like residence halls, shared apartments, homestays and student dorms.
The COE can refer to the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) Confirmation of Enrollment, which is a document used to confirm enrollment in a US academic institution as part of the student visa application process.
Foreign students are usually not limited in the number of courses they can take in the United States. However, they must maintain full-time enrollment status, which typically means enrolling in at least 12 credit hours per semester for undergraduate students and 9 credit hours per semester for graduate students.
If an international student needs to extend their student visa in the US, they should first check eligibility for visa extension and then should request an updated I-20 form from their designated school official (DSO) that includes a program extension recommendation. Lastly, The student should file Form I-539 (Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status) with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), along with all required documents and fees.

Speak with our experts

By simply filling this form and we'll call you for a FREE CONSULTATION